Microsoft Internet Explorer is the oldest browser that comes with Microsoft Windows flagship. Internet Explorer in Windows has been the oldest browser among the one you can find these days on the internet. With the latest edition of Windows, Microsoft has completely changed its internet explorer to a new avatar known as Microsoft Edge.
Though Microsoft edge is completely changed from its previous versions i.ei Internet explorer, along with many changes and including modern technology and interface, still, Microsoft edge sometimes becomes an unwanted application for many. And when there is no need for the application then there is no requirement for keeping it to your computer. On seeking the solution to Uninstall Microsoft Edge, there is no simple way to do it from control panel as you uninstall other programmes. Still, there are three simple and completely different ways to uninstall Ms. Edge that we have discussed in this article.
Since Microsoft edge is not like its previous successors, it cannot be deleted easily from the control panel. Microsoft has made changes to its browser and now have completely integrated the Microsoft Edge in windows component files. So deleting this browser now completely may damage some of your windows components, so it is advised that you shall delete Ms. Edge it on our own risk.
How To Uninstall Microsoft Edge?
Below we have listed the three possible solutions for removing Microsoft edge from your computer. You can follow any of the methods to simply uninstall Microsoft edge from your computer.
Delete or Rename Microsoft Edge core files
You can simply delete or rename the core files for Microsoft edge by going to the system settings of your computer. Follow the below-listed steps in order to get rid of Microsoft Edge from windows 10.
- Type RUN, in your startbox or cortona, (There could be a case where you windows 10 start meny not working)
- type C:WindowsSystemApps folder.
- Find Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe folder,
- right click it and choose Properties.
- Set the folder to Read-only. Make sure that read-only option is checked with a check mark and not a square.
- Click Apply and OK to save changes.
- Locate MicrosoftEdge.exe and MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe
- rename them to MicrosoftEdge.old and MicrosoftEdgeCP.old respectively. This will change the extensions of the files and disable Microsoft Edge completely. You can also remove these files, but that might lead to system instability.
- If you want to enable Microsoft Edge or if you’re having any issues after disabling Microsoft Edge, just repeat the same steps and rename MicrosoftEdge.old and MicrosoftEdgeCP.old to MicrosoftEdge.exe and MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe.
by now your computer Microsoft Edge has been disabled, and now it will not appear anywhere in your desktop of files. However, if still there is a problem with the process, and you are still unable to remove the edge browser, then you must be facing ownership issues with your computer files. In order to modify the ownership settings follow the below step and you will be able to disable Microsoft edge.
- Right-click the Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe folder and choose Properties.
- Navigate to Security tab and click the Advanced button.
- Once the Advanced Security window opens, locate the Owner section.
- It should be assigned to Trusted Installer.
- Click the Change link.
- In Enter the object name to select enter Administrators,
- if you’re using administrator account, or your account name and click Check Names.
- After you click Check Names your input should change, but that’s perfectly normal.
- Click OK.
- Check Replace owner on subcontainers and objects
- click Apply and OK to save changes.
- Go back to Security tab and click on Edit.
- Select Administrators from the menu and in Permissions for Administrators section select Full control.
- Click Apply and OK to save changes.
You can also change permissions and take modify over Administrator Commands by using the command prompt. In order to change the Administrator command using the command prompt, follow the steps below:
- Press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (as Admin) from the menu.
- Once Command Prompt starts, enter the following lines
- (press Enter after each line in order to run it)
takeown /f C:WindowsSystemAppsMicrosoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe takedown-cmd icacls C:WindowsSystemAppsMicrosoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe /grant administrators:f icacls-cmd
Remove Edge from Windows 10, using third-party solutions:
One of the options to Uninstallmicrosoft edge, is by using third party tools. These tools can help you to delete Microsoft edge from windows 10 easily without digging into deep settings or programming. You can do this simply by using any third party installer to simply remove the edge from your windows 10. Follow the steps below:
- Download any uninstaller program for windows 10.
- Once you’ve downloaded the file, extract it to your Desktop or any other folder you can easily access.
- Right click on Uninstall Edge.cmd and select Run as administrator.
- Wait for the process to finish and once the process is completed, restart your PC.
- Once your PC restarts, Microsoft Edge should be uninstalled from your computer.
Microsoft Edge is one of the latest browsers that has been released by Microsoft and is completely embedded in windows 10. Microsoft edge cannot be removed from your computer, still, if you seek to disable it then you can do easily by using by making change is system core file extensions for Ms. Edge.
Since Microsoft edge is now the part of our windows we would recommend that you do not disable it. It is a new generation browser from Microsoft and completely unlike its predecessor. You can disable the browser an there is no need to wonder about how to delete Microsoft edge from your windows 10. Consider again before deleting Edge browser from your computer.
If you feel any problem, you can still contact us in the comments section. Try Xpadder to connect your any remote to your pc and set up your own simulator and enjoy your favorite games with your fav remote.